The West family has been in the car business since the 1940’s. It began with Foster West and his two brothers, and their Chrysler Plymouth dealership in a neighboring Pennsylvania town. When their Chrysler Plymouth dealership was sold, the West brothers started two auto auctions, which were previously livestock auctions.
These were of the first dedicated auto auctions in the United States. From there, the West brothers transferred their knowledge to wholesale automotive sales, becoming the largest automotive wholesaler in the mid-1970’s.
In the early 80s, Foster and his son, James, formed West’s Auto Sales in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania on East Avenue.
Another change was made in 2001, when West’s Auto Sales moved just outside of Wellsboro on Route 6, boasting a 40+ car lot, financing, 5 bay American Car CareService Center. 2007 hearkened another change for the West family, as that business was sold to the service manager.
After selling West’s Auto Sales, James West formed All Wheels Driven, as a sales only lot. They expanded in 2009, when construction began on the car lot to add two full-size service bays.
By 2010, the All Wheels Driven Service Department opened for business on Route 6, on the outskirts of Wellsboro, Pennsylvania.
In 2016 All Wheels Driven moved 3/4’s of a mile east up Route 6 to their brand new state of the art building, boasting 5 Auto lifts, 6000 square feet of work space, 2 offices for sales, and over 3 acres of display area. This is the new home of All Wheels Driven, and the West families automotive sales and service endeavors.